1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 810 & 215

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BFISHER1970, Mar 28, 2006.

1. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    Has anyone played through these together?
    I have 2 810s. I was thinking of selling one of the 810s & getting a 215 hoping that maybe it would produce some of the lower frequencies without sounding as stressed as the 810s do. I play Warwick corvette 5s through a Demeter HBP-1
    & Crown MA-2400 into the 2 SVT 810E's. I need all of this volume in the band I'm in. I'm not super crazy about the sound from the cabs, but haven't been able to find any cabs that lean a bit more toward the Hi-Fi end that were able to get as loud as the 2 810's. Any thoughts?

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Personally, i'd get a B-52 LX-18 folded horn PA sub. Or a couple of Schroeders. But that's just me.

3. Im planning on getting an Ampeg 810E sometime over the summer (or maybe a peavey 810, we'll see) , and id be possibly running it with a peavey 2x15 aswell (very nice 2x15 btw!), so, if your still needing to know a few months down the line ill let you in on it :)

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I ran an SVT 810 and an Acoustic 360 w cerwin vega 18 side by side in stereo back in the 70's for awile. It killed! :cool:

5. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    Personally I don't see why you'll need that much power on stage. Are you playing sold out arenas? Or do you not have any type of PA support?

6. BFISHER1970

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    We have Great PA support. We don't have a PA on stage though. We do however have a loud rock drummer, A loud rock guitarist with a loud full stack, and a loud rock singer who is deaf I believe. So even though you can't see why I need that much power....I do need that much power. Thanks for your helpful suggestions. Sold out yes....arenas no.

7. I ran an 810 and a V4B cab which is a 1x15 folded horn. Worked great. FOH sound engineers hated me

8. BFISHER1970

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    I always have the 810s pointed across the stage (toward my guitarist), so the FOH guy doesn't have to compete with me.

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    This sounds like you're mainly not accustomed to having good monitor support.

In reality, it sounds like you just really dig having a massive rig...and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

I think you'd be happier with a Sub than a bass 2x15 cabinet...just my guess

10. BFISHER1970

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    We do have good monitor support, but the vocals & guitar are so loud that I need this big rig to hear myself. They can't run the bass in the monitors loud enough to compete with the vocals without blowing the monitors. Believe me, It's not an ego thing at all! If I had my way, I would just bring my bass & a DI & hear myself through the monitors. Oh man would that be nice:crying:

11. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    You need two 8x10's to hear yourself on stage?

You definately have my sympathy.

How do you run your EQ?

Any effects?

I'm not trying to bag on you...but needing that much just to hear yourself onstage just doesn't seem right at all.

Have you had any chance to try-out any schroeder cabinets? A guy(can't remember his name right now) in the megathread was able to replace two 4x10's and two 1x15's with a single 310212 for his sound needs. May be worth looking into, depends on if they suit you.

Perhaps looking into an in-ear monitor of just your bass rig. I don't know how complicated or expensive doing something like that would be though.

:bassist:

12. BFISHER1970

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    I did look into in ears....I'm actually still thinking about it. I tried the lower end shures & the sounded like crap with bass, but I hear the higher end shures & ultimate ears sound pretty good. I still might try those.

13. BFISHER1970

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    BTW I run my Demeter HBP-1 pretty much flat with about a 3 db boost @ 40 hz