1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Svt 8x10 vs svt410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by patrickss, Jul 26, 2012.

1. patrickss

patrickss

Dec 12, 2009
    Hi!!!

I have actually a cab svt410hlf very like the sound

I heard /try yesterday a svt810e ......i am dissapointed about the sound of this cab because less "boomy" than ma 410hlf

It is the same speaker in both cab???

It is possible to mod it to make it sound like my 410hlf??? If yes. ...recepe please

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It is not the same speaker in both cabs, and the only way to mod an 810e to sound like a 410hlf is to trade the 810e for a 410hlf.

3. These two cabs are completely different animals. The ported 410HLF has a big low end and more scooped mids. The sealed 810E has a very tight low end that rolls off much quicker, and has a lot more mid range content.

Personally neither of these would be my top pick from Ampeg, that would be the 610 HLF. Not as boomy as the 410 and more mids, more low end than the 810.

YMMV

4. Essen

Essen Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Norway
    Get another 410 and put it on top of the other. 810hlf.

5. 2 410 HLF's? Sounds like a recipe for a bowel movement.

6. I can see the marketing line now...

"Ampeg 810HLF now with 20% more fiber!"

7. patrickss

patrickss

Dec 12, 2009
    essen:

the point is to run 2 810 together @ 2 ohm

i i take 4 410hlf i drop at 1 ohm

8. Both the 410HLF and the 810e are both 4 cabs. A pair of either will be 2 Ohms.

9. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    ^fixed

Ampeg made a ported 8x10, someone knows the name I forget
    it was some limited run thingy, everyone hated them I Know that much. To much boomy smearing with high tuned 10" cabinets...no thanks

10. patrickss

patrickss

Dec 12, 2009
    Ok ...i refomulate my answer

I want the sound of the 410 hlf but i want 16 x 10 inch @ 2 ohm

11. What do you hope to accomplish with four 410hlf cabs?

12. patrickss

patrickss

Dec 12, 2009
    Eartquake

13. patrickss

patrickss

Dec 12, 2009
    I don't know what your guitarist have as rig

I play with creazy physical slammer drummer ....and 2 guitarist with a full stack tube 120w each ..... So .....i need power and speakers

14. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    I have owned both, and both sound awesome.

The 810 was tighter sounding and massive sounding.

The 410 sounds smooth and bassey.

The 410 is easier to move.

I actually prefer an Eden 410xlt over both of them.

15. SandCBass

SandCBass

Dec 4, 2011
    Big Lake, MN
    Definitely agree with Jonyak, the Eden 410XLT is a killer cab, and handles power like a champ.

16. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Depending how the band sounds overall, pushing massive/booming low end is NOT going to get you heard. However, If the guitar players are staying out of the low mid territory and most of the low end territory - occupying your sound there will work out. If the guitar players are lacking midrange and and going for more high end, a midrange based bass tone is going to cut through beautifully.

I suggest going for the 810e. The extra low end you love from the 410hlf is going to be useless on a stage. The thicker sound of the 810e will get you heard in almost any situation.

I mis-read your post: if you like the 401hlf, get another one. Are you audible in your band right now?

17. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I have not played them yet, but the new PF410hlf's are 8 ohms each, and from the specs it looks like they'll go pretty much as low as the SVT 410hlf. The usable low frequency on the SVT 410hlf is 28hz and the usable low frequency on the PF 410hlf is 30 hz, so it goes insanely deep, too. If you had 4 of them, you could do what you want, and they're lighter and look real cool ;).

Oh, and since 2006, no fiberboard in Ampeg cabs...only genuine plywood ;p