1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT-CL bias question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by countrybassist, Apr 29, 2010.

1. I have a 1994 SVT-CL that I just received. Which by the way, Trent it's awesome bro!! I do have a bias question. I searched here but couldn't find and answer. When the amp is on the green bias lights are lit. When I hit a note the bias 2 slightly illuminates the red light where the bias 1 does not. Should I adjust one or the other so they both do the same thing, and if so which one is correct?

2. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
  3. Yeah, I read the manual. I was just wondering if I needed to slightly tweak one of the bias' abit.

4. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    It won't hurt to tweak it. It's also alright if they go into the red while you're playing as long as they return to green when you're not.

5. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    At least with my SVT 2Pro, I find the green lights to just be "approximate" in terms of biasing the amp. Even with both green lights on, the amp can hum and when played loses a bit of focus in the tone. I continue to adjust until both green lights show, the hum goes away and that nice thick punchy tone is dialed in...

6. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    You continue to adjust while you play or not playing??