1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVT Cl into different cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jmehlhouse, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jmehlhouse

jmehlhouse

Dec 11, 2011
    Is it possible to hook an an 810 and a 115 together with an svt cl head. What I really want to do is have 2 115 cabs with the 810 laying side ways on top. Is this possible, i know there would then be 3 cabs so is that even possible? Thanks for your input.

:bassist:

2. Dethrats

Dethrats

Oct 26, 2010
    Napoleon, Ohio
    if your 115 is 4ohms then yes, it is possible

3. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

As far as I know, the SVT-CL head cannot run more than 2 cabs at once. As always, be careful of the combined impedance!

4. Dethrats

Dethrats

Oct 26, 2010
    Napoleon, Ohio
    after thinking about it, IF the 810 has a daisy-out (like my 410HLF), its from my understanding that you can run the 810 and the 115 off the 810. Then you have one more out put from the head to any 8ohm cab. Therefore running your SVT at 2ohms.

Make sense?

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Possible, but not worthwhile. A 115 can't even keep up with a 410. By the same token two 115s won't keep up with an 810. If an 810 isn't loud enough you need to add another 810. I can't imagine an 810 not being loud enough, but to each their own.

6. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

This is incorrect.

The SVT-CL head can operate at 4 ohms or 2 ohms. One 810 = 4 ohms. Two 810 cabs = 2 ohms.

You could run an SVT-CL with one 810 and two 15 cabs on the 2 ohm setting. I doubt it'd be worthwhile to do, though.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I totally agree with this. Then again, I would since I learned most of what I know about the subject from you ;)

Jmelh, it's possible to hook up two 8 ohm 115's and a 4 ohm 810 to an SVT tuber. Daisy chain the two 115's into one input, the 810 into the other, and hit the 2 ohm switch. But really, it's not a great idea to run both from the same head because of the volume imbalance Bill speaks of. You want a badass SVT rig that'll have audience members puking up blood, get two 810's.

8. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

For ease of transport, I've been using two SVT 115 cabs with my SVT-CL of late. I can't imagine adding an 810 to that.

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    As already stated, it is possible to do, but not a good idea in any way. What you'll end up with is a blown 15" cab, and nothing else. Waste of time and effort.

10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Any amp can run as many cabinets as you want as long as the total impedance doesn't fall below the amps minimum impedance for SS and matches the selected impedance tap for a tube amp.

11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    +101