Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT-CL LEDs prob?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ubernaut, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ubernaut

ubernaut

Apr 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Bought my first SVT-CL about 4 months ago used and in great looking condition. I was told it has hardly used and it looked it. Serial puts it made in 98. All the LEDs worked for the two rear user biasing controls and they all read correct biasing. Tonight I noticed that the green LED on the right side has burned out or just does not work. Also, the biasing balance on the half burnt pair seemed to be off a tad. Do these LEDs burn out frequently? Is this a common prob and is this a normal amp tech repair?

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    LEDs pretty much never "burn out"....so if one is out, and no other one has come on (red one), either the bias is wrongly set, or there is a problem with a tube, the bias circuit or sensor.

If the bias cannot be re-set to light the green light per the manual, and tubes are OK, a look by a technician is in order.

3. ubernaut

ubernaut

Apr 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Well, the biasing controls still work. When i move it the LEDs still light according, its just that the green one doesnt light up at all. The red one does as per manual and when there is a signal present...just no green. Its as if that one green LED just quit shining.....everything else works.....<sigh>....why do I have this kinda luck with amps. The reason I got this amp and dropped a G on it is cause Ive heard how bullet proof it is. Seriously, has anyone had an LED just flat out not work on there SVT-CL?????