1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT CL VS B15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by devon8822, Mar 1, 2013.

1. devon8822

devon8822

Jul 12, 2008
    How does an SVT CL differ from a B15 sonically?

2. Seriously??

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Actually, that's a great question.

The answer is you can get very similar sounds out of both depending on your settings. With knobs at noon the B-15 is brighter, however, your knobs won't match up but you can EQ them to sound quite similar. The 810e cab is also a little brighter than your typical B-15 cab, but they both have that Ampeg thing going on. And of course the SVT will get way louder and stay clean at a much higher volume, but I think you knew that ;)

4. lowend1

lowend1

Feb 15, 2005
    I read somewhere that the #2 channel on a vintage SVT is actually very similar to a B15...

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not really. It's similar to the second channel on the B-15, but I consider that more of a guitar channel since the lows are more rolled off. The first channels on each are more bass oriented IMHO, although you can play bass and make it sound great on both.