1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT EQ Curve

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by byacey, Nov 9, 2018.

1. byacey

byacey

May 16, 2008
    Alberta, Canada
    Has anyone ever swept the EQ on an SVT using an RTA at the speaker output jack, or the actual cabinet with a reference mic?

Of course, there are going to be varying opinions of what sounds good, but I'm just wondering if there is a general ball park consensus among users of what sounds good.

With all the hype about SVT tone, I'm curious what it is that users find so attractive about the tone. Of course, RTA readings don't take into account harmonic distortion and other side effects of being driven hard, but it should reveal whatever equalization is built in, plus however the tone controls are setup.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Bass Gear Magazine bench tested a vintage SVT pretty early on. IIRC @tombowlus said they would eventually be getting the older content which is currently MIA back online.

tombowlus likes this.
  3. byacey

byacey

May 16, 2008
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks Charlie, I'll have to keep an eye peeled for when this comes available.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    There's an old thread somewhere in here with a full LTspice model of the SVT preamp section too Bill. But as you know, that only tells part of the story. Fun to mess around with though. Yel_wink.