1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT-HD Skunkworks deal of the century!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SUNNyday r., Feb 24, 2008.

1. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    This is the greatest deal I have ever come across. It is obscene what I got it for. I am still walking around in a daze. Got the head and 8x10 cab together for $350. Quick on the draw when it popped up on CL. Clean as a whistle but it was kept in a heavy smoking home. Had the smoke layer on it but I cleaned that away as soon as I got home with it.
    It does have a few bugs which I was told about up front. The on/off switch will not stay on when switched to on. The seller was using a thin piece of pick pushed under the switch which seems to hold the switch in place to keep it on. If the switch comes all the way down the amp only stays on for a couple of seconds. That will have to be remedied. Also, noisy rocker switches but quiet pots. I think the smoking gummed up the switches and plan on a good cleaning assisted by my audiophile/tube fanatic friend.
    I think a tech going over it is in order regardless of the fantastic condition which won't be nearly as painful money wise since the deal was out of this world. The power tubes are Mesa Boogie and all the others are GE JAN and Phillips ECG. Took A few poor pics but they will serve to let you know I am not writing a fantasy story about the last great gear deal. Just in awe. Oh yeah, it sounds incredible too.;):D:hyper: x2trtj. w2lw5s. 9sz13m. v7uq1f. 15qadc3.

2. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I would give you $500 for it.You make $150:)

I am happy for you. Lets hear a sound sample if you egt a chance.

3. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Drool

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    That is a heck of a deal sir.

5. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    When the tech end is sorted out I will give it a go. Really more excited to get to a place where I can let it open up. I did it for a few minutes at my apartment yesterday and I think my neighbors were really impressed! he he he!

6. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I am so jealous! Very very very nice score! :eek:

7. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    I'll be the first to say I am unworthy!:p

8. Amazing deal there.

Congrats!

9. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    Thanks! Glad I held out on the II Pro I PM'ed you about. There have been a bunch of good deals on various bass amps on SF CL as of late. The II Pro,a Mesa 400+, B25 and a V4 just to mention a few. They are out there people. Just have to be obsessive about looking on CL.

10. IMO you got the best of the bunch you were looking at! (and probably alot cheaper than any of the others too!)

11. Hi.

Congrats, what a sweet deal. If You buy the best, top of the line power tubes for it, it's still a killer setup for a killer price.

Regards.
    Sam

12. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Congratulations on a great deal.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Man! I would've bought that in a second, and I don't even like Ampeg. I'm going to nominate you for deal of the year.

14. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Two words that probably shouldn't be in the same paragraph: SVT & apartment.

You scored, we are all envious.

15. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    $350!!! OMG! Deal of the year indeed. Definitely would've snatched that up.

And, you're in the Bay Area...ugh. Envy...

Marshall

16. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    Ha ha! Thanks man. It just knocks me on my backside to think about it. I was emailing without much hope after seeing it when I woke up yesterday. Wasn't sure what sort of SVT it was as the ad was pretty vague. The guy called back in two minutes and I asked right away if it was a tube amp. He said yes and that it had a little brass plate on the back that said 327 out of 500. I knew right then what it was and was in my truck in about 30 seconds! He was an obvious player as he had a practice space set up in his house and was jamming when I got there. Mostly he said he had to meet his mortgage.The only person who doesn't think it was a great deal is my back after lugging the 8x10 and head up the stairs to my apartment by my self. Ouch!

17. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    I was waiting for the Bay Area TB members to start firing arrows in my general direction. He he! Doing some more cleaning right now as it was smoked around alot. Like Bogart style!

18. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    wow, amazing deal!
    -you sure it's not hot?
    if he's a player, you think he'd know the value, pay his whole mortgage
    payment with the sale...
    btw, i mixed foh with your user name on a portion of their rising tide tour...

19. DLEE

DLEE

May 24, 2006
    Mableton ,Ga.
    Now that I'm back from passing out,I would suggest a go at the lottery.....Nice Score Dude!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Edword

Edword Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish
    Congrats, that's the score of a lifetime!