SVT II (non pro) opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deiseldave2001, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Any opinions on the older SVT II's. I had one a few years back, and loved it. Got a deal on a Demeter, and went the rack route, but now I miss my old SVT II (even though my current rig is great). It may be the old girlfriend syndrome...
    Anyway, I don't hear much about this model, but I thought it was a great unit. Curious about other's experience.
  2. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I posted this answer in a thread last week called "Psycho Bass Guy!!". Im too lazy to vrite a new answer so I´ll qote myself;)

I used to have a SVT 2 (not the pro). It had the old face and also just one volume (no master and gain). There was a clear difference when I A/Bed it against a brand new SVT 2pro. To me my old amp sounded fatter. The new one sounded thinner. My amp had Svetlana 6550s so that may have contributed to the difference.
    I sold it however cause it had major problems and had bad solderings. It crapped out and I couldn´t trust it. Since the amp I had before also did this (Amper SVT3pro) I´ve never been able to trust Ampeg since. I went with Ashdown and never looked back