Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT II (non pro) opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deiseldave2001, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Any opinions on the older SVT II's. I had one a few years back, and loved it. Got a deal on a Demeter, and went the rack route, but now I miss my old SVT II (even though my current rig is great). It may be the old girlfriend syndrome...
    Anyway, I don't hear much about this model, but I thought it was a great unit. Curious about other's experience.

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I posted this answer in a thread last week called "Psycho Bass Guy!!". Im too lazy to vrite a new answer so I´ll qote myself;)

I used to have a SVT 2 (not the pro). It had the old face and also just one volume (no master and gain). There was a clear difference when I A/Bed it against a brand new SVT 2pro. To me my old amp sounded fatter. The new one sounded thinner. My amp had Svetlana 6550s so that may have contributed to the difference.
    I sold it however cause it had major problems and had bad solderings. It crapped out and I couldn´t trust it. Since the amp I had before also did this (Amper SVT3pro) I´ve never been able to trust Ampeg since. I went with Ashdown and never looked back