svt II pro is this normal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hurdygurdyman, May 11, 2003.

1. hurdygurdyman

May 11, 2003
    I have an svt II pro (the one with the blue writing),and it doesn't get very loud unless the master volume is turned way up (three or four o'clock). just doesn't seem right. Also, the preamp gain clip light always indicates when i'm playing. Turn down the gain, very low volume. It doesn't sound bad at all, I just want to make sure I'm not damaging anything. Any experience with this would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    if the gain is turned very very low then it would make since that it's not loud untill you turn the master volume that high. i have a cl so i'm not sure about the clipping light, does it sound good or nasty with the gain up?
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Eh, that just sounds odd. In fact, it sounds very odd.
  4. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I use mine with the Master turned right up and set the volume with the Gain. My clip light usually flashes all the time. :ninja: :hyper:
  5. hurdygurdyman

May 11, 2003
    With the gain cranked it is definitely distortion, and not the type i'm fond of. Less than two o'clock is pretty clean, though. Turning the master all the way up is a bit noisy. I've always thought a peak light blinking red was a warning. This is my first one of these so I'm not used to ignoring that .
  6. I used to have similar problems. What kind of cabinet(s) are you using? That may have something to do with it. I really think that those amps, like the regular SVT just need an 810 to really show their power.