Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT II Pro on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Broncrider32, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Broncrider32

Broncrider32

Feb 21, 2003
    Nebraska
    I'm thinking about bidding on a 8 year old SVT II Pro on Ebay. The guy says it needs retubed but other than that it is in great condition. The current bid is at $650. Would it be smart to buy such an old SVT II Pro, is there any differences from the newer ones out right now, and how much do you think the amp is actually worth. I need sum advice quick.

Thanks

Here is a pic...

2. Price seems great if it stays there, but why would it need new tubes already?

3. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I have SVT2 Pro too , original tubes , seldom used, I'll be happy to sell it for US700 , but shipping cost to US will be costly. ;)

4. EVERY bass amp I've bought of eBay had the previous owner claim it could use new tubes. Not a single one has so far. I think most say that as a blanket statement so they won't end up with a "disgruntled" buyer claiming they misrepresented the amp and wanting a $300 refund to retube it. It MIGHT need new tubes, but chances are it doesn't.