1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT II Pro Rack Ears / Faceplate Screws

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ryankself, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ryankself

ryankself

Dec 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I've got a loose / bent rack ear on an SVT II Pro, and there are two holes where some screws are supposed to be under the rack ears on the faceplate (one hole under each ear, if you will). I'd like to get some screws in there if they're in some way supposed to be holding the thing together, but I can't see how I can without taking off the rack ears. While I'm at it, I'd like to repair / replace / tighten the bent rack ear.

Anyway, looking at the inside, getting at the rack ear inner screws does not look like an easy job. Is this something I'd be able to do easily? I mean, if I'm going to have to take the whole thing apart piece by piece, and if the two holes under the rack ears on the faceplate aren't really important, I think I can live with a bent ear.

Anyone ever do this before? I mean, there must be a way, right? I just don't want to screw something up, especially if it's expensive.

Thanks!

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    That seems odd, unless it is a new one, because neither the SVT-II nor the SVT-2PRO HAVE "rack ears"..... So I don't know how you have any.

The faceplate incudes the rack mounting all in one piece.

3. ryankself

ryankself

Dec 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Forgive my Philistine vocabulary and lack of proper terminology. I mean the two vertical handles on the face of the amp. The one on the right is bent and loose, and there is one screwless hole on the face under each handle.

Thanks for any help in advance!

4. ryankself

ryankself

Dec 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I guess my question is more of a technical "how do I get at the underside of them to replace them" kind of question.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    You need to take the top off and you'll be able to get to them (but be careful poking around in there).

6. ryankself

ryankself

Dec 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    When I take the top off, the transformers are in the way of the screws, if you know what I mean.

7. Grooveman1961

Grooveman1961

May 8, 2006
    take the bottom off, remove the two lower handle screws. Then take the back off, and the screws out from the sides. the sides and the front plate should come loose as a unit, then you can get at the upper handle screws.

8. ryankself

ryankself

Dec 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    That's what I'm talking about!

Thanks!