SVT IIP Preamp that no one can fix

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greggBass, Dec 11, 2004.

1. greggBass

Jun 7, 2004
    Literally everything on this preamp has been changed out by several techs trying to fix it. Still no output from it.

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of the schematic of this preamp? This would help greatly.

My last alternative is to send it direct to Ampeg. How does one go about doing this?

2. Call Ampeg....

straight from

"St.Louis Music Electronics Service Center at 1-800-738-7563 or 1-314-569-0141"

The techs that you sent your preamp to must not have been very good....some people are just "parts changers" and don't have a clue how to troubleshoot. This is a relatively simple circuit, for crying out loud.

Now that they have messed with your preamp, any warranty you may have had, has been completely voided. Sorry.

You may also want to PM "ampeginsider". Another option: see if PsychoBassGuy will repair it for you.
  3. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    What on earth is wrong with it that can't be fixed? SVTs aren't that complex, and I don't guess that version is either.

Inquiring techie minds want to know.....what was (is) the problem?

Just no output?

That has to be the simplest problem there is....any two bit drunken radio repair guy could fix that back in the day. All you have to do is trace the signal thru until you don't find it. The problem is right there.....

Those guys can't be trying (aside from trying your patience).
  4. greggBass

Jun 7, 2004
    It all started out with the transformer going south.