SVT PRO vs Sansamp RBI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ahhhson, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Ahhhson

Ahhhson Guest

Jun 5, 2003
    ALBANY NY 518
    HEy im deciding on what preamp to go with to tope off a QSC1850HD.

I play in a hardcore band and need huge power. Im really leaning towards the RBI b/c i have a BDDI now and i love the tone i get. Also, its 200$ cheaper.

Can anyone convince me otherwise? (please keep it between the two)

Also, i know the rear rack supports are available through QSC but do you have to have "rear rack rails" If so, can you buy these or do i have to find a rack with them. AND lastly, if so, where can i find one? ( prefereably 6 space to go on top of my cab, nothing rolling or anything)
  2. I just got a SVP-pro about a month ago and have played it live about 7 times. I started out setting it for Rock & Roll like the manual calls for. (Bass maxed, Mid 1:00, Treb 1:00 and Drive 1:00) At this setting through my stuff, it just screams ROCK AND F'ING ROLL. I'm sure the RBI is a good pre-amp too and I might add that I've been playing a Alembic F1-X and a Pod Pro up until this point. Neither the F1-X or Pod have the kind of tuby grind that the SVP-Pro can produce.

PS. When I first got mine it was rather noisy but now it is a quiet as a my other pre's, go figure.
  3. Do a search, there was already an Svp VS Rbi thread somewhere in here. If I were u Id get both. The Svp for Live and the RBI for the Studio. Thats what I did but I sold the SVP for a Mesa 400+, BUT I still kept the RBI for recording purposes. check out my band click on Reason.

go to the media section. and u will hear the RBI in action.
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i love and hate my SVP-Pro

the sound is a part of my sound, but be sure and turn it on for about half an hour before you use it at a gig! :D ;)
  5. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I don't think you need rear rack rails at all. I have that power amp... It's a heavy mofo but put it in the bottom of your rack and you'll be fine.

As for the preamp, both are nice, but if you like what sound you're getting with the BDDI, then get the RBI. Like you said, it's cheaper anyway.
  6. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I have an RBI and it is great. I you like the BDDI get the RBI. And it's cheep :D

As a side note on one of the songs I did with my old band I cranked the drive all the way :bassist: (where is the metal smilly :D) and it has to be one of the sweetest overdrives I have heard IMHO. I was even considering getting a BDDI just for an overdrive.