Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT rear panel jack question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KingOfAmps, Nov 5, 2002.

1. On the old SVTs two of the rear 1/4" jacks are marked "Ext. Amp". Exactly what can I do with these? I don't want to assume it's some sort of Pre-Out & Power-In scenario and thus would prefer feedback from those of you who have one of these amps and especially those of you who have utilized these jacks in some fashion. I hate not knowing how they might be useful, ya know.

2. That's exactly what it is. Used for chaining a series of SVTs together. Can you imagine that, 4 SVTs with 2 810's each, yikes!

3. Yeah, but which is which. Or does it matter? Which one is in, which is out (send/return)??

4. It does matter but I can't remember which is which. I tried it once to attempt to use the SVT as a preamp to send signal to a mixer just for the hell of it and it would only work with one of the jacks. Sorry I can't be of more help, that was a cupla years ago.