1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

svt-vr VS the heritage-cl

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 60jbass91, May 3, 2010.

1. 60jbass91

60jbass91

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Hi
    i know that the new-vrs are made in asia and from what iv read the quality seems to be really hit in miss down to the point where it either falls apart in 5 days or blows everyone away by how good it sounds. on the other hand the new heritage cls are constructed in america and apparently undergo rigorous testing to make sure there fine.
    does anyone have any experience with either one or if best both to compare the quality and the sound, because i dont know if being built in the US warrants an extra 400 quid (quid means pounds £ for you americans ;))or if it would be a waste
    Thanks guys

2. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    And here we go again......

3. 60jbass91

60jbass91

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    wow that was incredibly helpful thanks tim
    does anyone else have any useful advice?
    i know this topic has probably been done to death and i have searched the forums but they dont answer all the questions.

4. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    For some, that extra "insurance" to make sure it's not gonna be "hit or miss" is enough. It's not the end all of advice, but it's a thought.

5. I think you should have just posted in one of the existing threads. But too late now :)

Keep in mind that the Heritage SVT-CL is based around the SVT-CL, the black one with the midshift and not the VR so they will probably sound quite different to most.

I can't really justify spending an extra 500 bucks for somthing that has "Made in the USA" on it as apposed to "Made in Vietnam".

So far where they are made and looks are the only things that I can find in terms of a comparison of the CL and the Heritage CL, which I think is the comparison that should be made.

6. heytrid

heytrid

Feb 12, 2008
    Calgary AB
    Exactly, I would get a used SVT-CL is you needed it to be made in american. You will save quite a bit, I have sene mint ones go for anywhere from $1000-1500.

To overpay for the heritage just becasue it is made in america to me is stupid.

I recently Bought a viet SVT-VR, no issues with it, it has a few dings in it.. but I got it for $900 with 3 months warranty

Also there is a huge difference in sound between the 2 amps, try them both and see what you like more, But in the end if you need it to say "made in America" buy something used and save ALOT of money (wether it be a svt-cl or svt-vr or SVT-av)