svt2 case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ripper75, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Ripper75

Aug 8, 2005
    Boise, ID.
    so any suggestions on a rolling shock proof case for this bad boy?
  2. I would check out these guys.

They have 100% positive feedback. I've seen their cases recommended on various forums in the past. I'm actually picking one up at the UPS store tomorrow. I'll give my thoughts on it once I have it.

I have been carrying my bass rig in a 6-space SKB rack for the last few years. I don't look forward lugging around a additional 30some lbs, but I'm a big guy and can handle it. ;) I think it's a wise investment to protect my gear. (Furman, Shure PSM600, Shure ULXP14, dbx163a, Boss TU-50, Radial JDI, iAMP800).

3. Ive not looked through them all, but thier shockmount seems to all be the foam style, ie, insulation, ie, not the best idea when using an all tube amp that gets hot

Ive got an 8U SKB shockmount case, but it has no casters, im sure theres a few out there that do have them tho
  4. ampeg66

Dec 29, 2002
    I have an SKB shock rack. It's a bulky bastage, and unless they've changed, the casters are attached to a board that then straps (poorly) to the rack case. Stupid design, major pain in the ass. I'm a dumbass for buying it.

The Mesa shockmount racks are my favorite, they provide plenty of room for airflow, cable management, etc. I also like that:

The front and back covers are inset/flush-mounted, instead of the covers that are 3-4" deep like the foam racks.

The rack rails are a good 3-4" inside the front of the Mesa case, so knobs and such are protected from getting sheared off or spilled on even with the covers off. With the foam case, the rails are flush with the front of the case, providing less protection against accidents or idiots.

They're lighter, since there's only one box (the foam racks are a box inside a box).

Downside: they're factory order only, and they ain't cheap.

5. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    When I had an SVT II, I looked into shock cases but ended up going with an SKB Roto Rolling 5 space. You may definitely need the shock mount, but for me it was just a nice-to-have. It wasn't worth the added cost and weight for me compared to the SKB.
  6. Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    For years I used an SVT2 non-pro in the original hard, wooden, four unit and tight fitting surround case it came with. It sat on top of an 810 cab, got hot, was thrown in and out of the band truck and never, ever missed a beat.Other than the fact that there was no front or back no allowance was made for it to "breathe" or to absorb any shock. Never let me down. Say no more. Are we getting too soft or paranoid with our amps?
  7. It has rubber feet, im sure they'll absorb the shock to some degree