SVT2-PRO Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Mar 11, 2004.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey Talkbassers!

I know the whole tube vs. solid state/hybrid discussion has been done over and over again, but I need some opinions regarding the SVT2-PRO. I did a search as well, but couldn't find the answer I needed. I currently run an SVT4-PRO through an Ampeg 8x10 with the gain at approximately 1 o'clock and the master volume at around 12 o'clock (the amp is in mono-bridged mode). If there is one thing I have learned here at Talkbass it's that more power doesn't always equal more volume. The SVT2 is 300 watts all tube, where as the SVT4 is 1200 watts SS. So the question is, will the SVT2 be able to produce the same volume levels as the SVT4? I know this is a subjective question, but I've never had the chance to A-B the two amps so I was hoping someone here might have some experience with both amps. Any info is greatly appreciated!!

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Well I had a 4-pro for a short time and took it back to get an SVT CL. I cant comment on the 4-pro because I dont have much experience with it but I am currently using a 1200 watt power amp. The SVT CL has more headroom than my ss power amp rig. I would bet that the 2-pro is almost as loud as the 4-pro if not louder. I sold the CL because it was louder than anything I will ever need!