1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVT210AV clips here

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kringle77, Mar 23, 2013.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Here is a link to my quick and dirty youtube clip of a pair of ampeg SVT210av cabs. Check out the other links as well.

2. David A. Davis

David A. Davis Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    Do they use the same drivers as the 810's?

3. Jazzbass2010

Jazzbass2010

Dec 14, 2010
    Sounds good very interested in getting some cabs . I thought of running 100 watt v4 bh or any 100 watt tube head with 2 cabs .

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nope. The speakers in the 210av are lighter duty and 4 ohms each for a total of 8 ohms per cab.

Cool vid, Chris. Enjoyed your playing and the cabs sound really good.

5. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Love theses cabs. I have the micro stack and been thinking about getting a second cab. Great vid, thanks for sharing!

6. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    By the way what did you use to record with? It sounds great...better than many other bass amp reviews.

7. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    The Micro VR is a perfect match for this cab and has enough juice to drive two of them.
    I played the VR + SVT210AV at GC, with a vintage P-Bass, it was classic rock heaven!

:bassist:

8. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I use a zoom Q3hd and really like it. These cabs can handle alot more than the vr head can put out. I can get my genz shuttlemax 9.2 to clip and the speakers take it. Sealed cabs man.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Really? I've been pretty leery of juicing them that hard. Not that I ever get to, but they're not real heavy duty speakers, so I've taken that into consideration at home.

10. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Yup. Keep in mind that if you were boosting the lows, you would want to be using the fdeck hpf3 in you loop to cut out the real low stuff. I did that at the last gig when I used these cabs. Worked great. And, since the speakers aren't trying to put out lows that they can't produce anyway, they sounded alot more clear, lively, responsive and I got some true mid growl. The speakers were working hard, but not getting hurt. They will take more than most folks would think. But, they aren't indestructable.

11. slade

slade

Apr 5, 2001
    nice video, and great playing. Nice to see a player play and make their rig sound good with a bunch of styles and settings. talk is cheap (especially here) but the proof is in the pudding man- nice work.

12. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Thanks alot man! I really appreciate that. I appreciate a no bull, quick and dirty approach to reviewing gear so, I will often do it with dead strings or, when Im not playing the best, etc so that people get a real understanding of what the stuff will sound like for them. Not the best case scenario. This is often what I do when trying new gear, when I have the option of trying before buying. Chris

13. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Very cool to hear. I've run my fdeck hpf3 in two different gigs with an MB200 through my 210AVs since that little head puts out so much bottom. The pre definitely cleans up everything and lets the cabs run free. I've been leery of putting my 500w LMTube head through them, but I'm going to give it a go now.

14. How do you find your low B action with the fdeck and where do you set it? I'd love to see a demo of that.