Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT2Pro: Sounds great, a wee bit pricey...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Apr 3, 2005.

1. So, I'm moving out to California in a year and a half or so and I'm looking to setup a nice rig once I get there, taking advantage of the wonderful used market. Now, I've pretty much got the bass down to a Stingray4, and the cab to an Avatar 410Neo. In my dreamworld, I'd also like an SVT2Pro, however I think even used they are too expensive, so my question is a two part one:

a) What does an SVT2Pro go for used, and
    b) What is a more a ffordable alternative?

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Theres an SVT-2 Pro on the Bay for $1150, but I've seen em as low as $950. Of course, I'm just closing a deal on a SVT-II not pro for $750. Just look around. Where in Cali are you moving? Traynor amps are similar to SVT sound, as are Mesa Boogie ones. Perhaps an Ampeg 100 watter?

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Where are you moving in CA? There is so much stuff out here in stores its not even funny... tons of used.

4. I'm currently living in the UK, but I'm gonna go to USC in 2006 so, LA I guess. I don't know much about where, on campus I guess. I'd be doing a Masters degree, so assuming they let non-undergraduates stay on campus there.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Geetar centers are all over LA... plus there are tons of good "mom and pop" shops down there.

120miles north here in Bakersfield, we have a GC, plus 2 really cool local shops (Stockdale Music and Front Porch Music) and 1 shop that is very greedy, and 2 shjops just starting out that have cheap stuff.

Stockdale takes the best care of their instruments, but are primarily peavey, fender, rockbass by warwick, and stagg when it comes to bass gear.

Front porch has g&l, rickenbacker, fender, ampeg, mesaboogie, and lots of retro stuff.

7. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I haven't seen ANY ampeg SVT-2 Pros on Ebay lately. I got one brand new for $1500...

basscentral.com based out of Flordia

8. Look into the SVT-II non-pro, you wont regret it, you can get them cheaper and they sound alot fuller IMO :) (heavier tho)