Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT3 and SWR 8x8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowfrez, Nov 22, 2001.

1. I have an ampeg svt3-pro and i really love the sound of the swr 8x8 but, haven't been able to try them out together. I've heard things about the rating on the ampeg to be exaggerated. My question is, would these two be able to loud enough in a band situation? I play with and acoustic rock band with a drumset. Will this combo cut thru the mix without PA support?

thanks

2. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    i have a henry (with a bass 750), and yeah, it cuts all right! isn't the svt3 something like 450 watts into 4 ohms? that'd be perfect.

3. ... That's right ... I can easily be heard, and our 2 guitar players play REALLY REALLY loud, believe me!:eek:

4. my question was that i heard that the svt3-pro power ratings were rated high. the amp says it puts out 450@ 4 ohms but really it puts out like about 300 @ 4 ohms. I just saw this on a post today.so if what i hear is true, will the 300 watts that people say this amp puts out will do the 8x8 justice?