Svt3 Pro w/ 2 cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jtsam, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jtsam

Apr 11, 2005
    i'm getting a svt3 pro along with a 2x15 fender bassman cab. i'm thinking about getting a 4x10 as well to go with it. the ohm load will work allright, but does anyone know if the amp would be powerful enough to push all those speakers?

svt3pro- (8 Ohms) : 275w
    (4 Ohms) : 450w
    fender bassman cab- 8 ohms: i dont know the wattage
    Ampeg SVT410HE- 8 ohms: 500w

i know how the ohms have to be and how they work out, but i'm not really sure how wattage really fits into the equation-
    would it be better to just use the 4x10 or 2x15 by themselves?
  2. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I used to use a SVT-3pro with two Ampeg 4x10's (both 8ohm cabs). I thought it sounded great and the 3pro had plenty of power to push all the speakers. I wouldn't know anything specifically pertaining to your Fender 2x15, but I'm thinking it would complement nicely.

3. jtsam

Apr 11, 2005
    thanks john, i really appreciate that. my guess is that the 4x10 and 2x15 will be similar in wattages so it's probly suit me pretty well. right now i'm looking at a 4x10 from a local for cheaper, but i'm not sure the condition it's in so if i end up in need of a good cab, i'll let you know!

yeah, i'm hoping that the 10's and the 15's together will give me a nice sound....and now i'm just wondering if there would be a way to fade back and forth between the stacks to change my sound....that would be awesome!