Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Svt3 Pro w/ 2 cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jtsam, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jtsam

jtsam

Apr 11, 2005
    i'm getting a svt3 pro along with a 2x15 fender bassman cab. i'm thinking about getting a 4x10 as well to go with it. the ohm load will work allright, but does anyone know if the amp would be powerful enough to push all those speakers?

svt3pro- (8 Ohms) : 275w
    (4 Ohms) : 450w
    fender bassman cab- 8 ohms: i dont know the wattage
    Ampeg SVT410HE- 8 ohms: 500w

i know how the ohms have to be and how they work out, but i'm not really sure how wattage really fits into the equation-
    would it be better to just use the 4x10 or 2x15 by themselves?

2. johnbegone

johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I used to use a SVT-3pro with two Ampeg 4x10's (both 8ohm cabs). I thought it sounded great and the 3pro had plenty of power to push all the speakers. I wouldn't know anything specifically pertaining to your Fender 2x15, but I'm thinking it would complement nicely.

ONLY SUPPORTING MEMBERS MAY OFFER GEAR FOR SALE.

3. jtsam

jtsam

Apr 11, 2005
    thanks john, i really appreciate that. my guess is that the 4x10 and 2x15 will be similar in wattages so it's probly suit me pretty well. right now i'm looking at a 4x10 from a local for cheaper, but i'm not sure the condition it's in so if i end up in need of a good cab, i'll let you know!

yeah, i'm hoping that the 10's and the 15's together will give me a nice sound....and now i'm just wondering if there would be a way to fade back and forth between the stacks to change my sound....that would be awesome!