Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Svt3pro and 6-10hlf cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Irie01, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Irie01

Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    I just got this rig and I was wondering what you guys think about it.Is it a good match?

2. Sounds like a kick-ass rig to me. I'm jealous! I test played through the same rig today and it sounded so sweet. I've actually been comparing Ampeg against similar Ashdown rigs, and as much as I liked what I heard from the Ampeg, I'm still undecided.

3. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    I'm jealous too........

4. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    I had the same exact rig but found the SVT3 too weak. I always had it cranked when the band got loud. I don't like having to max things out so i sold that and bought the mesa 400+. Sounds killer!

Depending on your music that rig may suit you fine. I always really liked the tone but I get neervous when I have to max out an amp.

5. Wow, erikwhitton, you guys must be loud! But, yeah, I know what you're saying though about "maxing things out" - always a worry. I'm tossing up between buying an Ashdown 500-EVOII head and an Ampeg SVT-3PRO, through a matching 4x10. Any advice?

6. I had the same rig, found the 610hlf a bit boomy but the SVT3 PRO was a good amp but needed more power.

I found, turn the horn off and turn up the treble on the amp which makes the 10" speakers far more punchy without the hiss from the horn

Rock on

7. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I have a recently purchased Ampeg SVT 610HLF to go with my Thunderfunk (400 watts). It has the headroom to push the cab-no problem.

I'm not sure if I'm sold on the tone of the cab vs. my Edens, but I will work with the eq on the 'Funk to see what I can do. The cab punches you in the chest without a doubt!

Lync