1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT4 head + Hartke 4x10 cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AlstottMVP2, Mar 11, 2009.

1. AlstottMVP2

AlstottMVP2

May 9, 2007
    I have a hartke 4x10 series VX cabinet.
    I wish to purchase an ampeg SVT4 pro head.

I dont have the cash yet to buy the 4x10 or the 8x10 Ampeg cabinet.

I want to double check with the more experienced players here, that the combination of the two will be fine for a month or two while I get more $ together. I dont want to blow anything up.... thanks!

2. AlstottMVP2

AlstottMVP2

May 9, 2007
    anyone? thanks again!

3. AlstottMVP2

AlstottMVP2

May 9, 2007
    thanks!

4. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I wouldn't worry about blowing anything up...it's not a 16ohm cab right? Like introducing any new combination of things, listen to make sure you're not asking your components to do more than they can cleanly and comfortably.

5. You won't blow anything up. I'm using an SVT4 PRO amp split channeled to a Hartke 215BXL (lows) and a Hartke 410XL (Full Range).

I had to do a lot of tweaking with the amp to get that deep low tone because it seems to want to sound like a Rickenbacker bass tone at middle standard tone settings but once you find the settings, you can emulate the ampeg 810 cab sound from it.