1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT4-PRO in signal path instead of VTBass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by newbold, Nov 6, 2010.

1. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Away from my rig for a week and already I'm thinking about making it more complex.

So Iv'e had an SVT4-Pro on loan for quite some time but it's not going to be around forever, so here's what I want to do:

1. Run my bass into my Yamaha BBT500 and use it as a sort of instrument pre with my JazzV, making use of the compressor, gate, and EQ.

2. Run my pedalboard through my FX loop

3. Run the SVT AFTER my pedalboard, making use of the tube pre and analog compressor

4. use the BBT power section for most of my practices and jams

5. use the SVT power section to fill out the room when it gets mighty loud. (Marshall/Boogie/Drums)

Of course there's some built in redundancy, cause I've just been using the SVT.

I'll be sure to let y'all know how it turns out.

Has anybody done anything similar?

2. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    NO dice with the SVT in line...noisy fx loop somewhere in my yamaha.

Still, sounds great in front of my amp and with the compressor I certainly tamed some spikes and boosts from my envelope follower.

I love that tone but something tells me that the sounds I've dialed in on a VTBass weren't pure SVT.