1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT400t for $99, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trathoughts, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    Hey TB, this isn't a sale, but an inquiry whether or not I should waste $100 on a used svt400t. It runs fine, other than a blip in the speakers when I turn it off (is that common?) but otherwise, with a bit of cleaning and overall shedding for a few hours, I might be able to talk myself into the purchase.

However, what do you all think? Could I flip it if I don't like it? I already have an Eden Wt390 combo, run my '93 EBMM through a few effects, dig on some funk and some harmonic heavy chord stuff and I feel the SVT was easy to dial in a decent tone through the demo Markbass 112 they had at the store. Could be the Markbass colored tone, could be my imagination for the attractive $99.99 price tag.

So, it's on layaway. Is it worth it? :hyper:

2. Hi.

Judging by the evilbay, it's a decent price.

Depends greatly on ones location though.
    Since You don't want to show Yours, hard to tell.

Regards
    Sam

3. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    Not sure what You meant by showing My location. As far as price I know it's good. As far as any practical application for the amp is the root of my concern. I'm in America if that helps.

4. Hi.

As far as I (and Google ;)) know, Trathoughts is not a place.
    Not immediately recognised one anyway.

The location of the person who asks something helps people who reply to give more accurate help.

Apologies for bringing it up, but don't worry, You're definitely not alone not getting it.

Regards
    Sam

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not one of their more popular models, but would likely be worth $99.

6. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    Thanks Jimmy. I guess it really matters where I come from whether or not the amp is good enough. Don't worry, I'll add my street address so the barometric pressure can better determine the functionality of the amp and all the robbers can come snatch my gear...

I sorta figured trathoughts isn't a place. I coulda swore everyone knew.

7. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    But I'm just a bloody American lookin for a cheap buy. Don't waste your time on this thread.

8. We don't want to know your street address!

But it hasn't occurred to you that the city you are in might just make a difference? Doncha think there are more amps for sale in Los Angeles than in Abilene, and therefore prices might just be considerably lower in LA?

Lose the attitude. (Especially since you already admitted you are going to buy it to flip it)

9. ddhm

ddhm

Mar 18, 2011
    Memphis Tn USA
    Jeez man, if you thought it through, you might figure out that shipping might be a factor in it's value since it would add to the total cost. I believe that is what T-bird was driving at. Since your location is not listed, he could not be of as much help as he'd liked. I'd suggest that you lighten up a little on the interwebz or you're gonna have a bad time.

10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Wow that thread degenerated quickly....

11. $100 is a pretty cheap price for a 400w power amp.
    If you don't like it, who gives a ****?? Use it as a paperweight, a doorstop, a footrest, or just throw it in the fireplace and watch the finest works of SLM electronics burn.

12. Trathoughts

Trathoughts

Jul 7, 2013
    Trathoughts
    Haha sorry to rustle feathers. I should've put haha or lol or whatever to get across my misinterpreted sarcasm. But, egos are easier had than hurt, so I figure I'd roll with it.
    Just want to know if it's a good enough to waste $100. Really doesn't matter where I'm from. Not going to flip it, unless it's god awful after a month of shedding and compared side by side with the eden it happens to flop. I could flip for $200 and consider it a win anyway. If its worth $300, someone else got a steal and I can open a used shop.

I'm not asking about amps other than the one I had on layaway, so yeah, location isn't an issue.

13. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    and bonus: flipping it here for $200 or $300 ought to be a cinch, particularly since nobody will know that you bought it for $99. Helpfully adding the LOL here. :)

14. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    I think it's worth $99 just to use as a power amp if you absolutely hate the pre section. You could pick up VT Bass DI pedal to run into the power amp in jack and you're set.