SVT400T which cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by neeltje, Jun 2, 2003.

1. neeltje

Jun 1, 2003

i'm playing on a Ampeg SVT 400 T. I love the animal but there is a small problem when trying to find cabs: the amp owns two power amps that deliver 2*200 watt on a 4 Ohm. You can also bridge the sucker, and get a 1 time 400 watt, but you need a 8 ohm cab.

Anyone got any sugestions on which cab/cab's i can put under my sweet baby? Scince it is ampeg and i like to go way beyond bass, i would like the cab to be at least 500 watt.

I don't like 15 inch, and do prefer 4/6/8*10 inch or a 10/12 or 15 inch combination.

I don't like expensive cabs, except when called AMPEG. Unfortunately the st. Louis boys stopped producing the svt 1540he.

Anybody got any gugestions? The cab should be able to be shipped to europe (Belgium).
  2. neeltje

Jun 1, 2003
    nobody likes to answer??:bawl: :mad:
  3. I would just take the head into music stores and try whatever they have. If it were me, I would probably just get an Ampeg 410, but that is me.

P.S. You might get more responses next time if the thread is put into the right forum. This is Basses, not Amps.;)
  4. jdier

May 28, 2003
    I run either my mesa boogie 4x10 with a 15" ev below or I just run my eden 4x10. Either sounds fantastic.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND