Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

svt410he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, Jun 6, 2001.

1. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    what do you guys think of this four-ten cab? I'm stuck between Ampeg and SWR. How does this cab stand up to others?

2. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    I'm an ampeg fan, but I don't care for that particular model. It does not carry an open "E" very well in my estimation. FWIW, the model I use is the Svt-410hlf, which is a bigger box and ported (also heavier). The extended freq. cabinets do an admirable job on an open "E" but also a decent job on an open "B".

There are lots of cabinets to choose from, just make sure you take your bass along and test everything that you can get your hands on, then let your ears be the guide.

Good Hunting

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I agree with Tony,
    I use the 410he but I use it with an svt18e under it and it sounds great that way. By itself though is a different story. Not enough low end. If I was going to go with just 1 cab I would choose the Ampeg 410 hlf 4 ohm cab. Not a fan of the SWR tone but that's just my opinion. Try 'em both and decide for yourself.

4. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    well I was thinking of getting swr cabs with an ampeg head, is that a good idea or is that just crazy?

5. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    I don't see any problems with an ampeg head on SWR cabinets. Just play "your" bass through the rig and make sure its the sound that you hear in your head.

As a suggestion ... Your going to spend a fair amount of money to buy this outfit so audition as much stuff as you can. Also don't let a 5 or 10% differential keep you from getting a better cabinet, 50 or 100 bucks might seem like a lot, but in the long run you will be a happier camper.

See Ya.