Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT4PRO-PR410H-PR15H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by biergott, Mar 11, 2002.

1. biergott

biergott DuBistEineKartoffelnsalad kopf

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    How would you set this up for maximum volume? Would you run each cab through its own power amp (dual mono), or bridge the amp and run the cabs daisy chained?

I have always run it dual mono, because I admit I know nothing about ohm ratings and don't want to blow the cabs.

Any thoughts?

2. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Both of your cabs are 8 ohm. The Ampeg SVT-4 Pro only puts out 300 watts at 8 ohms when in stereo mode. Not good. If you go "bridged", you'll have a 4 ohm load and achieve maximum power, which is about 1200 watts. The ONLY way to go.
    You will need a Speakon cable that is correctly wired. I believe +1, and -1. Check the manual.

Good luck!

Nick

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Nope, its +1 +2. And I second the bridge suggestion. Bridge your SVT-4 and daisy chain the cabinets.

4. biergott

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    I know the PR410H is rated at 600W RMS and the PR15H is rated at 400W RMS. Will brisging and daisy chaning send too much power to thes cabs?

Does it matter which order I put them in?

And lastly (I promise the last of the stupid questions) how much RMS power would be going to each cab if I daisy chained them and bridged the head?

Thank you much for the support!!!

5. Ncognito

Jan 8, 2002
    Don't worry. This is not too much power for your cabs. Each cab will get about 600 watts. Extra headroom is always a good thing.

It doesn't matter which cab is first in the chain.

Nick

6. biergott

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    Thanks again guys for all of your help...

I am new to this forum, and it is the best on any topic that I have ever found!!!

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, don't worry about overpowering your cabs. I use 2 SVT410HLF's (4 ohm cabs), and I run them dual mono. When I run a single cab, I mono bridge into it. Handles it just fine.

8. biergott

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    But with all of the talk about speakon configurations...

I am currently using speakon cables when running in dual mono. Do I need to get different speakons than the ones I am using?

I wouldn't think I would need to, but I would like to make sure.

That is the last question, I swear on Les' bliding fingers

9. Ncognito

Jan 8, 2002
    2 things you need to do.

First: Press the "bridge" button IN on the back of the amp.

Second: Take apart the Speakon connector that plugs in to the amp. Make the +, or hot (tip) go to +1 on the Speakon connector. Make the -, or ground (shield) go to +2 on the Speakon connector. Put Speakon back together.

That's it.

Good luck.

Nick