Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT5 Pro Review.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willsellout, Dec 3, 2003.

1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    So I have had this amp for a couple weeks now and here are my impressions.
    This is my rig
    G&L SB-1, SVT5,PR212H cab.

This thing tonewise is a monster. A lot of knobs and buttons to push and turn. IT took some tweaking but I am getting the hang of it and am actually finding some really good stuff inside. I don't really care for the dirty channel. When you go for a fuzz the volume drops and it starts to sound thing. But that is the same with most fuzz pedals too. The octaver is pretty cool. Not the best I have tried but good, it tracks well even into low registers. YOu can combine channels to get a nice overdrive sound. I haven't quite found the setting i want yet but I will continue to work on it. You can get anywhere from that thumpy r&b sound to slaphappy funk type stuff to my favorite rockish growly throaty sound. ITs cool, not sure if it's my perfect amp yet but it's definitely got the versatility and plenty of power to do whatever you want. Hope this helps someone out who may be thinking of getting one.

Dan