1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT6Pro into Ampeg 410HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paddy_McBride, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Paddy_McBride

Paddy_McBride

Jun 27, 2006
    Manchester
    Hi guys

Just a quick one

I have the chance to pick up an ampeg 410HE (500watts @ 8ohms) for a good price second hand. My head puts out 750watts @ 8 ohms.... is this going to be a problem? I'm hesitant but because i'm buying this for smaller gigs i'm not expecting the head to be running anywhere close to the 750watts so in theory then the cab will be fine?

Please advise.

Cheers

Paddy

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not a problem as long as you're sensible. You sound sensible to me. Why not?

3. Paddy_McBride

Paddy_McBride

Jun 27, 2006
    Manchester
    Have you got any experience with this particular cab?

I play in a metal band and for big gigs have my warwick 8x10. Have always wanted a complete ampeg setup and see this as an opportunity to do that...with it being 8ohms i may get another one in the (near) future then i can get rid of the 8x10.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Played many a 410HE in my day but never owned one. I'm not big on 410's anymore, but I always liked the HE a lot.

5. Paddy_McBride

Paddy_McBride

Jun 27, 2006
    Manchester
    What do you use these days?

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I love the 6Pro, and use mine with a 215 @ 4 ohms. The set up you described should be fine, and adding another 410 HE will open that amp up and sound massive.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    A old straightback 810 or two 60's B-15 cabs.