1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVT7-Pro Custom Head Case Advice/Ideas needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ERW, Apr 27, 2017.

1. ERW

ERW

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Hey Guys,

I recently acquired a random head case (some freebie off Craigslist), very similar to the Carvin SV2 head case I've seen around here. I wanted to mount my SVT7-Pro in it, however the internal width isn't your standard 19 inches, it's only 16 inches! With my head inside the case, it's a pretty tight fit with about 8mm of space on each side.

I'm not super handy, and I wanted to reach out to you all for any ideas/alternative ways to mount the head since the standard rack ears won't work.

2. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    Isn't that amp's vents on the side? That doesn't leave you a lot of room for ventilation. You could drill some holes in the side of the case to get a bit more air flow.
    As for mounting, you could unscrew the amp's feet screws and drill some holes in the case where the feet are located and mount it that way. You might need to replace the original screws with some longer screws so it reaches through the case, feet and back into the amp

3. ERW

ERW

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Yep, vents are on the left side. I planned on getting replacement vent for a vox amp that I'd cut and mount on the side for the potential airflow issue.

I thought about mounting it up from the bottom and to the whole for the feet, but I'm just a tad concerned about getting that right on the first try without drilling more holes than needed.

I've been looking around for some type of small brackets that could work, but so far no luck.