Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT810 + 410HLF+HPF=?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djkool, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Will an 810e coexist well (reinforce versus conflict) with a 410hlf if a high pass filter is used to tame the 410's lowest frequencies? Is there enough sound difference between the non-ported 10's and the ported 10's to make them incompatible? Anybody have experience with this?

2. christw

christw Get low! Supporting Member

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    Disclosures:
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    The 410HLF has a significantly lower sensitivity than the 810e. You'd be wasting your time and effort to pair them, especially with a HPF IMO. Basically, you'd hardly notice the 410HLF is there.

By all means, feel free to pair them. Try them with and without a HPF. See if you get any weird sound stuff going on or if you like the result. Phase issues don't hurt your equipment so you can look at it as a science experiment. ;)

3. Register_To_Disable

4. You'd also be feeding as much power to a 4x10 as to the 8x10, making the speakers in the former work harder for relatively little benefit.

I mean, if you keep the output sensible, I doubt it'll hurt anything, but I don't really see the point, unless the 810 isn't doing enough, volume-wise, by itself.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Justin Meldal-Johnsen used to use a 410hlf and 810e together when he toured with Ima Robot. He loved it. But he also used separate amps for each cab, which helps greatly for mixing cabs.