Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Svt810 omg!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryan_G, Dec 8, 2000.

1. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I went to guitar center today and picked up a refrig... I mean an ampeg svt810. This thing is so heavy, and so big, I read the specs but didn't think it would be this big and heavy, but I think that it is well worth its just as loud as it is heavy. It was the first time I have ever thought that I was the dominate sound in the band. It sounds so good, I pushed it with a carvin rl600 the tone was so much better than anything I have played with. I guess if this much sound came in a 2x2 box everyone would have one. Looks like I'm going to be working out. Anybody else have one? Any hints on carrying this beast? Oh yah and guitartrader.com has them going for $698, and guitar center matches pricese. If anyone is interested.

2. Used to have one. Now I have two SWR 410 cabs. Never had a problem moving it around...it has the best caster arrangement in the world. I thought it was easier to move than my 2 410 cabs. You just drag it onto the stage or onto the truck... easy deal... It has "the look" too. I bet you look good with it onstage... enjoy! :D

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    My friend has an older svt 810 cab, and man they do sound really good, he uses one of the original svt heads too power his, sometimes a hartke 3500, I hope ya have a pickup truck, station wagon or suv, to lug it around to gigs, they are huge!!! Id also recomend getting a hand truck/dolly to wheel it around on if you dont have casters, my friends doesnt have them, and i dont own one so i honestly dont know if they do or dont. But congrats and it is a very beautiful feeling when your pounding out earth shaking lows