SVTIV Pro Bridge mono w/800 watt cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ankles, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Ankles

Jan 6, 2001
    Any thoughts as to running a AMpeg SVTIV pro bridged mono (1600 watts) with a 4X10 Ampeg HLF which is 800 watts program and 400 watts RMS???????????/
    Wil it blow the speakers or give me more headroom????
  2. I'm using my ProIV with a 4ohms 210XLT Eden.(350rms)I have lots of head room. Note its a special wiring for bridged mode, check the owners manual.I use a banana plug to the cab.Good luck you will love it!Rog
  3. Ankles

Jan 6, 2001
    So you are saying, you are running the SVT Bridge mono into a 350 watt 2x10 cab. No problmes?
    Are you using the Speakons???
  4. Yes I'm using speakon wired for bridge mode. As long as you don't Peak the input or run allot of compression at high volumn it should be fine. Is your 4X10 4or8 ohms? Rog.
  5. Hey y'all!

I've got the same amp with the PR-410HLF cab (4ohms, 600w rms, 1200 program)...think I can run my amp bridged? I usually run the volume around 4 or 5. What kind of difference could I expect?

6. Hi Scott
    What I notice the most running lots of power is everything is clean from low "B" with hipshot giving me a "A" at 27.5 Hz approx. to the "E" on my "G" string (pardon the pun). I'm using speakon to banana plug. I have a light touch so I run input at 1 O'clock and master to 2O'oclock compression is at 12 O'clock. Be carefull not to try and push for low note! I could never get a HOT open "B" so I would attack the guitar. I thought the tens were coming out of the cab.The Ampeg doesn't need to be pushed it has all you need. IMO.
    Good luck, Rog