Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 31, 2002.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

A match made in heaven these 2 woods go great with each other.My Schecter Model T Is a Swamp Ash body with a maple neck and finger board very clear good lows mids highs verry good sustain. Big fan of maple finger boards now.:)
  2. Yes, swamp ash and maple is a great combo. That is why a F bass, with a maple board, will round out my stable. I really get a sound out of those basses that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. And why even look, I already know where it is.

3. I love my Fender Custom Shop Vintage Precision with an ash body and a one piece maple neck. Used to have a Dingwall Voodoo Z2 5-string with an ash body 3-piece maple neck and a wenge fingerboard a great sounding bass as well.
  4. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I very much agree. I have an F Bass BN5 and a Lakland Skyline JO 5 with that wood combination, and I really like the their tone.
  5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i love the combination myself!! my next F bass will have that aside from a buckeye top- Geoff- ash and maple F bass did you say?? heres temptation for you, coming soon to you know where....
  6. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Swamp ash. . .
    I made a couple of J-bass type instruments, trying to mimic my beloved, but too damn heavy '75 Fender, and I found that I liked northern ash better. The swampy one was a lot blurrier in the bottom end, and didn't have the same snap as the northern. I might be nuts, and I know you can't predict how wood will respond absolutely, but I haven't used swamp ash since. I hollowed out the body on the ash one to make it lighter, and it worked out great.

Maple. . .
    My favourite fretboard wood! I can get everything I want tonally out of it -snap, crackle, pop, and boom!
  7. I love maple necks, but Swamp Ash is a bit too snappy for me! I'll stick with Alder. :)
  8. Yes indeedy, ceruse, you say. Well, slap that on a BN6, and wham!!! Or maybe an Access-F with some crazy top. I do like very unique basses. I am sure you will be hearing from me soon.