Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Swamp Thing" Brubaker on the 'Bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark beem, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Those are the coolest EQ modules I have ever seen!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

-ryan-

2. wow interchangerable pre's now that would settle the bart aguilar debate ... get both!! i want some modules like that !

3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    pretty sweet, I'm not a fan of the burst on the fretboard though.

4. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    From the location and the seller's name, I'm guessing that's Kevin Walker selling the bass. He was trying some amps at Guitar Center. I only caught a minute or so of him playing, but he had some major chops.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I have both for one of mine. Favored the Bart for the first year, then somehow the Aggie really clicked with me.

That is one of Kevin Walker's Brubakers. He has a new one with a removable Mike Pope module.

6. I posted that about a week ago

Sick as bass.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

8. I'm guessing the pickups dont need to be soldered to the preamp? They just clip on with a plug or something perhaps? Either way that is the coolest innovation on bass that I've personally witnessed. I'd love to get that done to my basses.

9. The guy's use of all caps alone makes me not want to buy from him, what a headache.

10. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I love that idea of swappable preamps. That bass looks fantastic. I wonder how much it weighs? The few Brubakers I've held have all been pretty hefty.

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

And there's keyword spamming in the auction title.

But it's a cool bass nonetheless!

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md

Writing an ad in the frilliest pink font known to man wouldn't stop me from buying something I really wanted. MMV

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Where is Kevin these days? He's one of the guys that got the old Lakland Forum shut down (major flame wars). As I recall, he can be a bit obstreperous. :ninja:

Hmmmm ... I think there's more than one Kevin Walker. The nasty one was up in L.A.

14. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    This Kevin Walker seemed like an alright guy. A little cocky maybe, but he had the chops to back it up. Nothing wrong with that. I'd be surprised if this was the same Kevin Walker.

15. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    This Kevin lives in Md. It's a common name... maybe even more common than Brad Johnson.