1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Swapped Out A Epi T-Bird for a Epi T-Bird!! Lookie Lookie!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OldSchoolBass, Sep 30, 2008.

1. I had the Goth Epi Thunderbird. It was decent, but I definitely had a hankerin' (GAS'in I believe it is called..) for one of the regular Epi T-Birds, sunburst finish, white pickguard, etc...

The Goth seemed to me at least, a wannabe style. Nice, but not for me. If you are Goth, you are goth - no need to advertise... Again, just not for me.. (I am getting old I guess.. LOL)

Anyhoo....

Browsing CL's and notice a mint sunburst t-bird for $225... Hmmm... :eyebrow:

So I listed my Goth for sale, and had plenty of hits, and sold it the next day, then went to pick up the sunburst T-Bird!!

Giddyapp! The finish an look is just amazing. Heavier than the goth, moved the top strap button to one of the neck bolts, so the balance is much better... And it has a nicer sound than the Goth IMHO.. Again, different strokes for different folks... but this transaction - Me=happy. :hyper:

2. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Cool. Enjoy your new bass.

3. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    How did the deal actually work out, did you end up losing money or making a profit?

4. I sold the Goth for $200 and bought the other for $225. So I ponied up the $25, and that was ok.. In my mind I bought it for $25, as that was my only out-of-pocket expense.

No too bad! :)

It was funny, the moment I saw the sunburst, I grabbed the Goth, snapped a few pics and posted it on CL.. Within a short while, I had 3-4 interested parties.. I was surprised... Not at the sale, just at how quick it happened. After I posted the ad, I contected the guy selling the sunburst T-Bird, and met him the following day... Got the $$$ I needed, and got that one, left there and drove to meet the guy who was buying the Goth, got the $$$ and deposited it in my bank..

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    from the um-teen million posts and pictures I have all over here, you know I love VSB Birds.

congrats on your new one......

6. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Good move!

7. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I wish that I only paid $25 to move from one bass to another of similar value! Good job!:bassist:

8. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Not too bad at all! :D Enjoy your new bass... err, colour. :smug:

9. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    Look at it this way: cheapest refin ever!

10. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Doesn't the Goth have different body wood and pickups?

(Although I think the standard looks better too.)

11. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    To be fair I played a friend's Epi Goth T-Bird a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how comfy it was to play. Acoustic tone was better than I was expecting too. Wish I'd plugged it in (it was also a shame that it was a goth T-bird.... was actually a really nice bass other than the aesthetics).

12. I pulled the Goth from it's case, and replaced it with the standard one, and when I picked it up after locking it, there was a definite weight difference... Definitely different wood for sure...

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Very nice indeed.

14. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I think the regular uses Alder and the goth uses Mahogany, but don't quote me on that.

15. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    according to the website and various reviews I've read, that is correct. If I remember correctly, the goth uses "TB PLUS" pickups and the standard makes no mention of the pickups it uses... can anyone clarify the difference between the stock pickups and the TB PLUS ones? Is there a difference?