1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Swapping American precision PBass V preamp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baxter_x, Mar 7, 2016.

1. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Hi,

I own two Fender American PBass V. One from 2000 the other from 2002 (after the upgrade).
    These basses are absolutly awesome. There is just one thing I feel weak about these basses: the preamp.
    I feel it's kind of a lazy preamp. Turnin knobs has an effect on the sound but not sharp enough.
    I feel my Sire V7 preamp is more efficient.
    What would be your advices ? I was thinking about the famous Sadowsky preamp.
    Keep mind I don't want to change the sound of my bass. Just have a more precise and efficient preamp.

Thanks for your advices

2. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Well..... Just asking for a feedback or a point of view ;)

3. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Ok.... All I want is just a nice and better preamp for both of my Fender ADPV

4. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Nordstrand
    Aguilar

5. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Why these two? Why not the Sadowsky?
    Keep in mind I just want a more "dynamic" preamp. I surely do not want to change the sound in any way!

6. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    The Nordstrand is rather neutral and sounds "warmer" and keeps more mids than the Sado.
    maximum dynamics = passive..... in my book

7. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    To me, active instruments are some kind of more dynamic than passive ones. Thta's how I feel it.

8. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    A sadowksy preamp on a PBass? I wouldn't. The Pbass is all about low mids, which is exactly what the sadowsky pre cuts when you boost bass or treble. There is nothing dynamic about losing mids on a Pbass.

baxter_x and gillento like this.
  9. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    That is the input of an expert!!!! Thanks! I'll consider something else then.