1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Swapping Sadowsky Metro Hipshot tuners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baxter_x, Mar 20, 2017.

1. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Hi,

My very first Sadowsky is currently on its way to me. It's a Metro RV5-24 Trans Blue. Here it is:
    Sadowsky Metro Bass MV5-24 Trans Blue

Pretty, ain't it? ;)
    I'd like to swap the tuners for black ones instead of chrome once I receive it. Are the tuners standard hipshot tuners like these: Hipshot Ultralite Tuner - HB6C 3/8 - Best Bass Gear ?
    Or is it custom made tuners for Sadowsky?
    Same for the bridge. Can I swap it for a black one?

Thanks

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Tuners are Hipshot Ultralites made for Sadowsky. I don't remember if they're the 3/8" or 1/2" version off the top of my head.

The bridge is also made by Hipshot but proprietary to Sadowsky. There is no drop in replacement. You could call Sadowsky and they may have a black one in stock to sell, but they may not. IIRC, it depends on whether they have extras or not.

3. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Does this mean I can buy some anywhere, or it's custom made for Roger and standard tuners won't fit?

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yep, you can get them anywhere. As long as they're the correct post size.

As I mentioned I don't remember if they're 1/2" or 3/8". I can measure my NYC later but I don't know if they're different on the Metro. I'm sure someone else will be along with the correct info, or you can measure yours when it comes in.

I'd call about the bridge first. If you can't get one there isn't much point in worrying about the tuners unless you want black tuners and a chrome bridge.

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    My MS5 had 3/8 UL cloverleafs...they were the licensed imports I believe but that was a few years back.

Sado HS Front.

baxter_x likes this.
  6. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    I'll check with my Lakeland 55-02 as it's also hipshot tuners on it.