1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Swearing on the Boards

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hutzbordello, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I got a warning for swearing.............when it comes out as ****************

people dont know those are swears..........they are ******* stars

so basically i can put as many ******* stars as I ******* ******* want...........that rule is a crock of *******.

btw, those are all stars, not swears............BUWAHAHAHAHA

2. Tough ****.

3. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    I agree, that **** is really ****ing stupid **** that ****!

4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I wonder if IBTL gets starred out?

5. i just dont see the need for warnings when no one sees the ******* swears

can a mod point me in the direction of logic?

6. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Bu-bye. You're gonna get ******* banned for responding to a warning this way.

7. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    If you don't like the rules the door is over yonder-------------->

8. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    wait until you post "ass" but get a warning for "****"

that'll blow your gourd

9. ^+3.14

first off, no insults was meant

well actually it was a while ago

the rule makes no sence

im fine with it

just dont understand it...................some people are really uptight -_-

10. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    You need to speak to the mod who infracted you about this if you need clarification. You are inviting more trouble by doing it this way.

11. bah.....i didnt think of it like that......

and if this is a public forum then my concerns with the rules should be made public

im not saying which mod brought the rules to my attention

so im in all honesty wondering about a rule that seems to make no sence to me, in public, on a public forum, that has to do with everyone else on the board

i think this was the best choice, however...........it may not have been in the eyes of the MOD's

12. From "The Rules":

"If you have a disagreement with a moderator (If your thread gets deleted, if you get a warning, etc.), DO NOT post your complaint publicly on the forums. If you have a problem with a moderator's actions, PM or email the moderator privately. If the moderator's response is unsatisfactory, email the administrators (username: Paul, Chris Fitzgerald, john turner, David Wilson) or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page of the site.

We take all complaints seriously, but posting your dissatisfaction publicly will result in a rule violation."

I'm surprised this thread still exists.

13. well in that case..................im a douche

14. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    See Ya.

15. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    This could get interesting.

16. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    BTW, I would try to avoid using the "D" word, coming from my own personal experiences. :bag: :D

17. yknow............as we are all musicians.........shouldnt we all be laid back on the whole rule thing?

18. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    The rules exist for a reason,...or you would prefer this forum be as disjointed and hostile as others that shall remain nameless?

19. mods.

20. its a forum.............on the internet............its not like it will turn into chaos

people always take these places too seriously........

ive learned a lot from this forum, but in the end, its bassits helping one another out, or at least talking to other bassists, i really dont see people have to act like its a holy thing that i have forever desecrated with stars and cuss words......:bag::ninja::bag:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.