1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sweaty Bassists Thread

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by harryharold, Sep 28, 2009.

1. harryharold

harryharold

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi, i play bass,

i also sweat....... a lot. sometimes these two things happen at the same time, i'm thinking that i may be one of the sweatiest out there

a recent gig, one song in, not good. it got worse, much worse.
    [​IMG]
    made worse by the fact that i nearly missed our slot due to a free meal causing me to run back. personally i blame the massive crowd.............
    [​IMG]
    this may be a good enough thread for a club, if not i'll just go and be ashamed at my horrifically hormonal demeanor.

2. Steve!

Steve!

Nov 5, 2008
    I can get pretty sweaty when I'm playin indoors....

3. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    I move around quite a bit to make up for my rather lackluster lines.

In all honestly, I like to put on a show, which means that I tend to run stage lights and effects with my feet while singing, using a theremin, and attempting to put out a lot of energy....therefore...I sweat like a cold pint of beer in the desert.

jason.

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    When I was in a high-energy originals act, I used sweat-bands on my wrists to keep the moisture off of my bass (like a tennis player wears...) but since I've only been doing clubish work, it hasn't been an issue...

5. harryharold

harryharold

Sep 3, 2009
  6. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    I keep a fan mounted to my effects pedal board just for that reason! Now if I only I could keep from tripping on it!:D

7. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    If I don't sweat profusely, I aint earnin' my dough.

Simple as that.

8. Dude, I sweat a ton while practicing. During my years of football I learned to have a hand towel at the ready. I usually bring a couple no matter what.

9. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Yeah, I sweat a ton from my head, so I have to wear a bandana for shows, or else I'm wiping off my face and on my bass all night.

10. This thread stinks :bag:

11. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    I sweat like a ice cold soda at a Texas picnic in the middle of august, esp when setting up. Depending on the temperature of the building I usually cool off once I get settled down.