Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sweaty hands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dlp60, Jan 26, 2001.

1. dlp60

dlp60

Jan 26, 2001
    I hope someone here can give some helpful advise. When playing, my left hand is fine but the right hand gets all sweaty and slips off the strings. I don't always have time to wipe off my hand on my pants or a towel between songs. I know that gorilla snot works well with a pick, but does anyone know of any products to keep your hands dry without a gunky buildup on the strings (ie. rosin).
    thanks donn

2. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Actually I like to have a little sweat on my hands. It helps me glide across the strings when I play since I never use a pick. But I know your problem. I played an outdoor festival in August in Georgia once and my hands slipped all over the damn place. One thing you can do is put an arm band around your wrist. That will help. As far as products I can't think of any. Between songs, wipe your hands on your pants or something. Thats what I had to do at least.

3. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Don't laugh, just try it. Right Gaurd antiperspirent. Just spray a small amount to the hands, let it dry a minute or two and you're good for at least a set. doesn't gunk up the strings either. Of course, if your technique stinks, it wont fix that. :)

Pkr2