Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Swedish Metal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PollyBass, Dec 27, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok, the fins have some awesome metal,,,, but now,

Who's your favorite SWEDISH metal band? And why do you like them?

2. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    Seems like no-one like Swedish metal...:D

3. I dont know much about sweedish metal, but i luv sweedish meatballs!!!

4. Good swedish metal bands I'd say are Meshuggah and Soilwork and...umm...can't think of anything else at the minute really :(

5. I like so much Swedish metal that I need to discover other countries :D:

In Flames
    Meshuggah
    Soilwork
    Arch Enemy
    At The Gates
    The Haunted
    Lockup
    Opeth
    Entombed
    Nile

Decapitated are Polish, they're my only non-Swedish band right now.

6. Isnt Nile from Canada???

I like Meshuggah and The Haunted.

:D:D

Merls

7. Yeah, you're right Merls! Damn Canadians, first Devin Townsend then a GODLIKE band such as Nile!

:D

8. IN FLAMES %#$@'n RULES!!!!

i'd say they are my favorite sweedish metal band!

9. Thats what makes Nile so cool. They are by no means egyptian heeheehee. They have studied so i must give them credit. If you're going to do something odd, do it right! and they have.

:D:D

Merls

10. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    check out:

www.swedishmetal.net

go to the links and you can see links to plenty o' swedish metal bands...

11. bassmikeatuw

bassmikeatuw

Dec 29, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Well, Amon Amarth devirginized me to Sweedish metal. I'd have to say my favorites are In Flames, Arch Enemy, and The Haunted. I actually first heard Arch Enemy when they opened for Nile in Seattle. They were amazing. Personally I left prefering Arch Enemy for both their music and their show. They got a great mosh pit going while during Nile everyone just sort of stood there.

12. This is because Arch Enemy are slightly more listenable than Nile, and they have more 'jumpability' in their rhythms. You could move a bit to Nile, but you'd have to know the songs and it would mostly be headbanging.

P.S. I'd also like the add Darkane to my list of Swedish bands. I always thought they were Norweigan.

13. Is there one called something like "Nightview"?

Or are they Finnish?

About all I know of them is that they've got a female opera singer as the singer, and they're really good.

(One of my classmates, from Sweden, lent me a cassette for a while, but it didn't have much information on it.)

14. Hammerfall! Why? Because they are my favorite:D :rolleyes:

15. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It's Nightwish you are talking about, and yes, they are Finnish. They have few albums and a DVD out, you should be able to get them all around the planet. See "Finnish Metal" -thread for more info.

16. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Pants on Fire?

17. I'm a huge Meshuggah fan and I've been listening to In Flames a lot to!
    I don't know if <a href="http://www.freakkitchen.com/">Freak Kitchen</a> should be called metal (more like pop-metal) but they're one of my favourite bands.

Also, check out the band Selph at www.selph.nu. The drummer bought Thomas Haake's (Meshuggah's drummer) drumkit and the drumsound on their demo is heavy as hell!

18. every day, matt, you become more and more of my hero.:D