1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Swedish Twins Gone Wild

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SnoMan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Dear God.

http://www.thelocal.se/14580.html

Shocking images were released on Thursday night of two Swedish sisters throwing themselves into oncoming motorway traffic in the UK.

The video shows the twin sisters walking along the central reservation of the M6 motorway, just outside Birmingham in central England. The duo then take a sudden plunge into oncoming traffic and the first woman is hit by a car.

Police were called to the scene and astonishingly, while being interviewed, one of the women again tears herself away from officers and throws herself into the carriageway. The woman is struck by a truck and seriously injured.

Soon after, the second sister repeats her twin’s actions and hurtles into traffic to be hit by a car. Despite her head-on collision with a vehicle, the sister tried to escape custody once more by again running onto the motorway.

“You can see the damage to the vehicle,” said PC Tracey Cope, one of the officers on the scene during the BBC documentary.

“The majority of people don’t survive collisions when they’ve had an impact like that”.

The woman was in a highly aggressive state and attacked an officer. “Her strength was absolutely phenomenal” said PC Cope. Eventually it took a total of six members of the police to restrain her”.

PC Paul Finlayson, also witness to the incredible events, described the most violent of the two sister to the BBC as “a seriously deranged woman”.

The sister seriously injured by her collision with a truck was taken from the scene by air ambulance and treated in hospital for seven weeks. The second woman was also treated in hospital for minor injuries and spent a day in jail charged with assaulting an officer.

Link to Video

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Much more alarming is this headline from the newspaper site:

:confused:

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Wow, that is disturbing to watch. I feel sorry for the guy driving the truck and the person with the smashed windshield.

-Mike

4. but, why?

5. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    DancinSedins.

Crazy Swedish twins...

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    hint

It took 6 officers to restrain one of the women...one of the women who had already flung herself into traffic repeatedly.

7. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    :eyebrow:

Nothing a jacket with long sleeves and a locked room with padded walls wouldn't cure.

8. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    What things you do when you're on drugs?

:)

Captain obvious here to save the day.

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    and some serious drugs at that.

My guess is PCP, since it's the only drug that Ive heard have crazy stories like this.

10. My first guess too. Second would be a deliriant like datura innoxia or something in the vein (bella donna, deadly nightshade, ect.) .

11. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    If that happened here in Chicago on one of our highways, they wouldn't be around to tell the tale or the cops would have shot them.

12. CerealKiller

CerealKiller

Jul 29, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    There's a link to another vid there with a boy clearing a fence and getting a glancing blow by a bus.....

...must be something in the water over there.

Funny thing....a couple of people nearby (standing on the sidewalk) just stood there as he looks to be unconscious.

13. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    I submit that there are times and places for tasers. This would have been one. PCP or not, chances are that your muscles are going to lock up and you are going to drop.

14. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Wow.... sadly, the Sedins were the first thing that crossed my mind. It's getting close to hockey season.

On a more serious note, it's scary that people can do that. I'd concur with the drugs theories, most likely PCP. I feel bad for the motorists who had vehicle damage and/or mental trauma from the incident.

15. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    In the video, the first female cop trying to restrain one of the females appears to be attempting to use her taser.

This would have definately been a perfect situation for their use.

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. This is exactly what I was thinking.

17. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    This thread is nowhere near as cool as I thought it would be.........

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah. I likes me some swedish twins. These two are swedish meatballs.

19. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    They looked pretty hot too....

hot+crazy= well you know......

20. Post-coital snuggling in the center lane at rush hour? no thanks.

Mike