Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sweet Acacia on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fivestringdan, Sep 15, 2005.

1. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
  2. mbulmer

mbulmer

Nov 25, 2002
    Feeding Hills, MA
    That looks like an AMAZING instrument for the money. Though I would say that is some funny looking Maccassar Ebony on the top ;) Looks more like Lacewood to me.

3. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

Yeah, it was an error in the listing. I contacted the seller and he knows it's not Mac ebony.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Are you the one with the fanned fret 6er???? If so, you now know whould buy it if you ever wanted to sell. :D

5. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    You mean this one?

Attached Files:

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yup, that's the one. Beautiful bass.

Wasn't there a pinkivory bass that Matt made with fanned frets as well?

7. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    yeah, I've seen four fanned fret basses. Justin's pink bass, this one, a fivestring like my six without the block inlays and a custom redwood burl five w/mm, soapbar. When I get some time I will have Matt's old site up as well as the pictures I have with info. All I need is to stop making guitars 6, sometimes 7 days a week!!

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Oh, you're Matt's web guy? How is Matt doing? He's such a great guy. I got to see him on a couple of occasions at guitar shows. His wife was wonderfull as well. Very good people.

9. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Yes, very good people!!! I am not his web guy. I wanted to start a page dedicated to his basses and asked him if he wanted to contribute. So he sent me his old web site. What a guy!!! I wish he would start building again but hey that's life. And he is doing something far greater than building world class instruments, taking care of his family.

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Amen to that! I just wish he were able to do both.

11. I still regard that and the pink one as 2 of the most beautiful basses ever created. If you ever think of selling that one -- put me next in line :D

[​IMG]

:help:

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thanks Lokire, picture saved! :D

Oh man, I've gotta save up and get a fanned fret 6er!!! 34.5" to 33" thank you........ :bassist:

13. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

Yeah, I would certainly help him out. :bassist:

14. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Dan-
    Was this one of the "unfinished" basses that Matt sold to some guy to finish? Matt told me that there were about 7-10 basses that were unfinished that some guy bought and was planning on finishing.
    Gene

15. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    No. Matt sold much of his stuff to Justin. "ModulusAcacia"

Matt still has a bass that I want to finish...we'll see if I can convince Justin to let me buy it. :D

16. I watched that one go down...wishing all the while that I had the money :bawl:

Congrats man - how many Acacias do you have now? :p

17. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6!!!!!!!!!! :D

Actually I need to start saving some money so Chris B. can build me a bass we have talked about some. 7 string SCB set-neck with wings like a spector and my Acacia's!! Same specs as Hippies' old Benavente.

18. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
  19. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Gene,

How are things? I also offered to buy it after the first auction. Strange, I only paid 19.95 more than my first offer. These basses are selling for some strange prices. One went for $1500, a six string the a guy on bassgear sold one for like 2800 to a guy in Germany and Don sold his for under a grand. It's just crazy.

Man what are you playing these days? How do you like the Schroeder's? I'm thinking of getting a couple.