Sweet amps for under $650

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MasqueOfFilth, Mar 1, 2005.

1. hey everyone. im probably not the only person wondering this, but im looking for a really nice bass head, brand new...for under $650 bucks. toss up some opinions and suggestions, and me, plus probably many others will benefit
  2. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Genz Benz GBE600.

You'll have to do some searching and waiting for that price, though.

Also, the Kustom Groovebass 1200 (1200 watts @ 2ohms, $500 new) should do the trick.
  3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    A little over, but Carvin B1500. 1250 W at 4 ohms, 1900 W at 2 ohms.
  4. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    SWR Workingman 4004 (or even the 2004 discontinued and on sale at MF for $199 (list $649))
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

+1 on the Kustom GB 1200! This is your next head! Nice warm tone, great looks, 1200 watts, all for under $500 new! Click this thread for more info--> Click Here!
  6. dude kustom groove needs to be paying you for all this advertisment, you need to call them up and ask for some mula!
  7. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
  8. Quadzilla

Look at the pot calling the kettle black!!! :smug: :spit: :eek:

I actually A/Bed the Kustom verses the GK1001RBII and picked the Kustom for reasons discussed in an earlier thread. You've been pushing the GK as much as I have been pushing the Kustom in these last few head threads. Anyway, to each his own. I prefer the tone of the Kustom, plus like that it goes down to 2 ohms, etc...
  9. Quadzilla

I think that I did a fair comparison of the two heads (with pros and cons of each) in an earlier head thread linked here --> Comparo
  10. yea, true true, but its all cool my home dog, you should jsut really look into getting somekind of something for all of this advertisment, maybe a hat or somethin.
  11. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Does GK pay its employees to flood positive info about their amps into this forum? :confused:

I'd try out a Yorkville xs800h. Can be bought for around 600 to 650 new.

GKs are great amps too. There is no end-all amp.

You should make a list of all amps in that price range, and try out the top 3 or 4 that people seem to recommend.
  12. we should do a mega thread poll camparing the cheap priced amps like the, GK 1001rb-II, kustom 1200, yorkiville 800, carvin 1500, genz benz head. what do you think?
  13. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Good idea but Genz Benz would blow the others out of the water. An 800 watt Genz Benz would cost a ton more then an 700 watt GK or 800 watt Yorkville.
  14. o really i though they only cost like 500 dollars
  15. maybe you could do the thread speacial ed??????
  16. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    don't be so sure unless you've tried 'em al....
  17. You might want to consider the Little Mark amp from Mark Bass. I have one. IMO it is a great buy for the money.

18. I'm the only GK employee on Talkbass and I generally try to avoid opinion based posts which is really hard to do sometimes. Gene posted on talkbass once at my request because my computer was broken at the time. I forget what his handle is though.

I was a TB member before I was a GK employee though. I miss being able to post as a player and not a rep, but this is my fate :bassist: