1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sweet as a Honey Bee Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gjohnson441496, Apr 7, 2015.

1. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496

Dec 14, 2014
  2. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    3D printing is really gonna open up the world of weird instruments in time. And I'll be in the stands for allait.

Much as I like the idea of having the rock solid axe on stage, there's something to be said for a strange piece like that being a real show element. If it actually sounds decent enough to tolerate, then that'll be a plus.

3. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496

Dec 14, 2014
    I agree. I'm not one that goes for the unusual, I'm pretty much traditional, but that bass is something I'd like to own... IF IT DIDN'T COST $3000.00!!!

4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    When they get one to do brass so I can make my own bridge pieces, I'll be sitting up and paying attention. Until then, it looks like hobbyist "maker" mini-mills is the way to go.

5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I posted a pic of this one in the "Weird" basses thread awhile back.
    Thought it looked like it was made of plastic.

bholder likes this.
  6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Now those guys and the "Bee basses" guys ought to get hooked up. ;)

jd56hawk likes this.
  7. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    There used to be a burger joint in downtown Somerville, NJ...Mr. Bee's...and the tabletops were honeycombs, some with bees in them, under glass.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  8. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    gotta love the 3D printer age.... that said, while I appreciate the uniqueness of this instrument, I'm not ready for one.