Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sweet basses from aussieland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adept_inept, Feb 4, 2006.

1. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
  2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    not bad but i think its pretty costly?

3. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Quality of insturment/cost=value I've never personally played a Gecko, but there are many companies in the US with prices much higher than that. It all just depends what kinda stuff you are into and how much cash you have to spend.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Never played one, but they do look nice.
    Also check out Belman and Noyce.

5. Thanks Dharmabass! I use Belman and Noyce basses. Both five string. You'll find my Noyce in the fretlessbass web site. The belman has Lakland style electronics and a birds eye neck and swamp ash body.

6. I really dig the looks of the Gecko basses. Great value for money, and the guy behind the business is a real tops bloke. I was checkin out some of his models at a trade show and he was quite happy for me to sit down and have a jam.

A Gecko was gonna be my next bass, but I pretty much found the specs I was after in this used Belman I just picked up. Great bass. Haven't heard of Noyce before, I'll have to check em out.

[​IMG]