1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Sweet Child O mine" tab for 5 string?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by BigTopBruno, Mar 26, 2009.

1. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I have an audition this Sat and need to learn this song.

The songs I need to play are in many different tunings and I would like to just play my fiver....does anyone have a tab for this song on 5 string?

thanks!

BTB

2. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I would think that it would be the same as the tab for 4-string, wouldn't it? Just use the low B as a thumbrest (i.e.: ignore the string, pretend it isn't there). Unless you are wanting to use the low B for the song? I would think that since it was originally played on a 4-string, you would have a nearly impossible time finding it transcribed for a 5er. Good luck!

3. Duff played it on a 4, I suggest you do the same. Play the 5 just ignore the B string.

4. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    ...but Duff played it tuned down half a step (Eb, Ab...)..I was looking to not have to tune the 4 strings down...

I know I can pull a 4 string tab and transcribe down a fret..but I was looking to save a little time...

thanks!

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I cant help as i cant tab but i play this song in both C and A. Having a 5 string is a big help playing this in A but i could also do it on a 4 string.
    Just ignore the low B string unless you need it.

6. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    if u cant figure out how to play down half a step on ur fiver u've got bigger problems i suppose

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    buy a capo and capo the 4th fret...